Monday, May 4, 2009

"Twilight"


The Book vs.The Movie

Many people discussed the issues with the novel and the movie not being exact story lines. But when creating a movie from a 400 page novel it is quit difficult to incorporate every detail spoken of in the novel. Some scenes were done out of order and not at all.

Have you read the novel? If so have you watched the movie as well? What was your take on it?

If you have not read or watched "Twilight" has there ever been a novel you have read and then was dissapointed with the movie? If so what novel was is it and what is your opinion on them?





4 comments:

  1. While I have NOT been sucked into the entire Twilight saga (yet and don't count on it!), I can relate to the question with The DaVinci Code. I have read the book 22 times and often just will pick it up and start at random parts of it and read it all the way through. However, I refuse to see the movie most whole heartedly because I know that it can't even begin to touch the complexities and just amazingness that the book is enveloped in. The story line is so complex and so intricate that Hollywood would just taint it and I can't bear to watch a tainted version of my favorite book ever.
    Xoxo, MK

    ReplyDelete
  2. well ya see like MK i have NOT been sucked in to this fad...a fad that WILL pass soon, hopefully. just kidding twilight lovers ummmm i read the notebook and the story's ending was different in the movie and the novel...i liked both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading the "Twilight" series immensely, and realize that it is difficult to narrow a 400 page book into a two hour movie; but some parts of the movie could have been stronger cutting longer drawn out parts. i.e. the grassy, meadow scene. I certainly enjoy reading the books, but also enjoy the movie as highlighter to the books or as a quick reminder. R. Bailey

    ReplyDelete