Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Traveling

Travel is defined as the change in locations of people on a trip through the means of transport from one location to another. More importantly, it allows people to open their eyes to different cultures, languages, food, and ways of life. People who go on missions or simply visit third world countries come home deeply affected by the lifestyles of the natives. Traveling serves as an important concrete visual of a country's history as well. Museums and monuments can be found in nearly every country, and enhance knowledge and appreciation.

Have you yourself ever traveled outside the country?
If so, where?
What kind of experiences have changed you as a result of traveling?
Where do you plan on visiting in the future?/What cultures intrigue you?

4 comments:

  1. I love to travel! When one travels with an open mind, and a respect for the culture in which they are traveling they can genuinely learn and grow from their experience.

    I think that when we visit another country we need to really experience the country. Americans often travel to other countries, but do not allow themselves to truly experience the culture. They still want their own luxuries. As a result the world is slowly becoming more homogenized, which unfortunately subtracts from human individuality.

    This is why it is important for those in the field of communications, and cultural studies to impress on tourist the importance of respecting other cultures while experiencing what they too have to offer. --Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been able to travel much outside of the country but i did visit Norway last year. It was a great experience and the most fun i have ever had! I learned a different lifestyle that the norwegians taught me everyday i lived there. I met many people and friends in Norway so i will have to see them soon and go back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only traveled outside the country once and that was on this year's spring break, on a cruise to Mexico with my family. While that was a new and exciting place, my experiance with traveling has to go back to going out west this summer. I have pretty much stayed on the East Coast for my entire life and have gotten used to humidity, green forests, and the beach. So going out west and seeing a true desert for the first time, getting to see legit mountains in Colorado and all of the red rock formations in Sedona, it is amazing to see just the contrast that America has within itself.Having to camp along the way to get there and sleeping outside at all this astounding places was so life changing that I can't even begin to put it into words. But traveling does something to you, and you for sure catch some sort of travel bug (that has no relation to swine flu by the way), and it stays with you for life!
    xoxo, MK

    ReplyDelete